Saturday 29 June 2013
10.30 - 4.30
Jonathan Ferguson – Curator of Firearms
When you think of pirates, do you imagine Blackbeard and his motley crew stealing ships in the Caribbean? Think again.
Today’s pirates are more likely to be armed with automatic weapons and grenades, demanding millions of pounds in ransoms off the coast of Somalia. Explore modern piracy, as part of a pirate summer at the Royal Armouries.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
- Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page
LAST CHRISTMAS SHIPPING DATES
UK - Royal Mail 2nd Class 1pm Thursday 18th December
- Express Delivery (excluding The Highlands) 12pm Monday 22nd December
USA & Western Europe (excluding Greece & Poland) - 1pm Friday 12th December
We are constantly striving to provide a better service for our customers.
Please help us achieve this by completing our short customer survey
FREE express delivery on all UK orders over £200!
Every purchase you make supports the Royal Armouries Museum!