If you are interested in our seminars and be the first to know about forthcoming seminars why not subscribe to our newsletter?.
Saturday 20 April 2013
10.30 - 4.30
Robert Woosnam-Savage - Curator of European Edged Weapons, Royal Armouries
Join our expert guide and handle European swords and daggers specially chosen from the Royal Armouries collections.
The seminar will illustrate the development of the sword and dagger over 3000 years and the dilemma between creating weapons for cut or thrust, or both.
Come to grips with important and unique weapons from the Bronze Age and the Middle Ages as well as later rapiers, basket-hilts and small-swords.
You will also handle hunting and military swords and have the rare chance to examine original major fencing manuals.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
- Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page
LAST CHRISTMAS SHIPPING DATES
UK - Royal Mail 2nd Class 1pm Thursday 18th December
- Express Delivery (excluding The Highlands) 12pm Monday 22nd December
USA & Western Europe (excluding Greece & Poland) - 1pm Friday 12th December
We are constantly striving to provide a better service for our customers.
Please help us achieve this by completing our short customer survey
FREE express delivery on all UK orders over £200!
Every purchase you make supports the Royal Armouries Museum!